Here at Wigley DIY we are committed to ensuring that any personal information you send to us remains totally confidential. We advise that you read the following policy carefully so that you understand what information we collect and why we collect it. If you have any questions please contact James Allen (James@wigleydiy.co.uk)
We understand the need to protect your privacy and promise to:
- Keep your personal information secure
- Use your personal details only for the legitimate reasons outlined below
- Never sell your information to a third party
- Allow you to review the information we hold on you at any time
- Ensure that the website platform we use and our servers are always up to date with all security updates, firewalls etc.
When Do We Collect Data?
In general we only collect any personal data when you place an order with us, or when you contact us through our website.
We do not sign you up for mailing lists when you place an order, and you should only here from us in relation to an order you have placed with us.
Placing An Order - What Information Do We Collect?
When you place an order with us you will be asked the following information:
- Billing Address
- Delivery Address
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Email Address
- Payment Information (Credit Card or PayPal)
- Purchased Item Information
Placing An Order - Why Do We Collect It?
We collect the information listed above in order to process and deliver your order. We may contact you during this process via your e-mail address or telephone number provided.
This information is also stored to assist with any issues in the future. For example, to assist with returns or warranty information.
Please note that we DO NOT store any credit card information. This information is all transferred from our website to a third party payment provider via 128-bit SSL certificates.
Placing An Order – What Is the Legal Basis For Using Your Data?
When you place an order with us we use your data for:
- Contractual Obligations
- Legitimate Reasons
Contact Form - What Information Do We Collect?
When you use the ‘Contact Us’ form on the website you will be asked for:
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
Contact Form - Why Do We Collect It?
We collect the information listed above in order to respond to your query.
Contact Form - What Is the Legal Basis For Using Your Data?
When you contact us we use your information for:
- Legitimate Reasons
Sharing Your Information
When you place an order with us we share your data with a number of third parties in order to fulfil your order and provide feedback on the service we have provided. These include:
- Payment providers
- Online review companies
How Do We Secure Your Data?
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Your Rights In Relation To Personal Data
Under the GDPR you have the right to:
- Access your personal information
- Correct and/or delete any information we have
- Withdraw your consent for any information we hold on you on this basis
- Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are not happy with the way that we have treated your data
You can request information about the data we hold about you by contacting James Allen (James@wigleydiy.co.uk). We will respond via e-mail within 5 working days.
What are cookies?
Who sets the cookies?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access this website help deliver a high quality website and on-line shopping experience. Some cookies are necessary to enable customers to a make purchases on our website. Cookies may also be set by third parties who participate with us in affiliate marketing programs however, none of these third parties collect any personal data from which they would be able to identify individual customers.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:-
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of website, particularly in relation to on-line transactions.
2. To enable us to collect information about the browsing and shopping habits and activities of customers, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
3. To enable us to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How to do this will depend on the browser you use and we provide further detail below on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers:-
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2 Click on the “privacy” tab
3 Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Mozilla firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2 Click on the icon “privacy”
3 Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the site may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disabled third party cookies you will not be prevented from making purchases on this site. If you disable all cookies you will be unable to complete a purchase on this site.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.